his is with reference to Amity University collaboration with The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC) located in Washington D.C. USA.
From the last four years, few selected best Amity students are being sent to TWC to participate in Prudential Foundation Global Citizens (PFGC) Program offered by TWC with scholarship which covers most of the expenses. The program gives an opportunity to prepare students to become more responsible and civically engaged global citizens while acquiring leadership and professional skills that will equip them to positively impact their communities. Apart from international exposure, at the end of the program, students get the certificate, portfolio and also earn credits for their respective programmes.
TWC has invited applications now for the scholarships for Spring 2015 Prudential Foundation Global Citizens Program (PFGCP) i.e., January – May 2015. A total of 20 best students will be selected from universities in Brazil, China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan. The scholarship for PFGC program covers most expenses including: application fee, program and housing fees, J-1 SEVIS visa fee, health insurance, and an airfare allowance (Total Scholarship Value: above $13000 USD).
Eligibility to apply for PFGCP:
a) Student pursuing UG / PG programmes (except first year students)
b) Excellent Academic Record (Minimum CGPA:8)
c) Valid Passport
d) Good communication skills & general knowledge
e) Active participation in co-curricular & extra curricular activities
f) Involvement of Civic engagements / social work
Interested students should complete & submit the following documents (in English Language only) to HOI by for further submission to the undersigned Liaisoning Officer:
1. Application Form
2. One-page Résumé that outlines your educational background, honors or recognitions, work experience, activities, special skills, travel, interests, etc. Please be sure to include any computer-related expertise or foreign language skills, as well as prior internships and community service activities.
3. 500-word Issues Essay talking about a current event in the field of business, management, finance or entrepreneurship
4. Short answers of 200 words or less (Please use A 4 size sheet):
Question #1 Why Does this program appeal to you?
Question # 2 Explain one situation in which you demonstrated your ability to lead.
Question # 3 What are your professional interests?
5. Two Letters of Recommendation along with cover sheet as per specified format (one of which must be provided by a faculty member)
6. Marksheets – Class X, XII, Graduation & Post Graduation – all semester marksheets
7. Copy of the Passport
Program Dates: The PFGC Spring 2015 Program begins onand ends on .
This program provides students interested in learning more about the financial role of the private, government, and nonprofit sectors in the U.S. and around the world an opportunity to work and interact and interact with experts in areas such as business, corporate social responsibility and ethics, and the intersections of business and government. The program has the following components:
- Internship: students will be placed in an internship with an organization that fits their interests and skills. Students will intern four days a week.
- Academic Course: students will complete an academic course. TWC’s faculty includes adjunct professors from local universities including Georgetown and Johns Hopkins University, among others.
- Leadership Forum: students will attend a series of events with experts and leaders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors afternoons.
§ Civic Engagement / Social Responsibility Project: students will devote a minimum of 15 hours over the semester to active learning and action to become well-informed about an issue they care about, then work to make a positive difference in public life at the local, national or global level.
- Portfolio: students will produce a compilation of documents that chronicles and summarizes their learning experience during your time with The Washington Center.
Heads of Institutions are requested to circulate the information (file attached) through Notice Boards, CRs, P.Ls & Faculty members so that interested students may apply by August 18, 2014. Their applications may please be submitted to undersigned along with a cover note of recommendation, by . Thereafter a committee at University Level will interview the applicants & best five shortlisted applicants will be recommended to apply for Spring 2015 PFGC program at TWC, USA. Final selection will be done by TWC & Prudential Foundation which will be based on telephonic and skype interview and subsequent personal interview by their representatives in India.
For more information about the program, the students may contact the Director ALS.